Come and spend a full three days (27th Jan. – 29th Jan.) learning from one of the UK’s top adventure photographers – Lukasz Warzecha while enjoying the beauty of the Cairngorms National Park. You will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to practice your climbing photography with Andy Turner and the LWimages crew.
Andy is one of the best winter climbers in the world, known for his ascents of the hardest and boldest test pieces in Scotland.
Apart from winter climbing you will also have a chance to shoot skiing and get tuition in winter skills.
Instruction will cover a wide variety of subjects from creative image making, composition, different lighting scenarios and how to maximise your camera and equipment to get the best possible picture.
This workshop is aimed at “advanced amateurs” – anyone who already has a little bit of camera knowhow beyond point and shoot, ideal for anyone wanting to get better pictures of their mates and also those who are thinking about getting more serious about their photography.
In this practical, informative, and inspirational workshop, participants will learn how to make the most of the natural light conditions. We will shoot available ambient light but also get an introduction into off camera lighting set-ups.
During the course you will receive equipment pointers and suggestions, Lukasz will also discuss the technical aspects of your work.
The weekend will be split between field sessions in the most stunning locations Cairngorms National Park has to offer and a classroom setting in the excellent surroundings of Badaguish Forest Lodge.
Evenings will be a mixture of critique sessions and an opportunity to discuss how to make the most of the location and lighting conditions using some of Lukasz’s personal stories illustrated by photos and short video clips from the field.
At the end of this action packed weekend you should have a nice selection of images for your portfolio.
There is also a unique opportunity, as your key pictures from the workshops will be reviewed by the Mountain Equipment marketing team and may be used in the company’s promotional materials.
You will be required to bring your own camera with you (we advise that you bring everything that you would usually carry with you for a day of photography). You will also need a laptop or other portable device to download and process your images.
Attendees are expected to bring all gear relevant to the outdoor experience. Please check our Packing list below. Please remember that Scottish winter conditions can be harsh. Specialist equipment can be hired locally.
Lukasz Warzecha is your host for the weekend. Over the past couple of years has pushed his photography career to new levels. Published internationally his work is used editorially and commercially around the World. In his short professional career, Lukasz has photographed in some of the most remote locations for top clients in the outdoor industry and knows what it takes to break in to the market in today’s competitive field.
Ruth Taylor is not just a super keen climber in summer and winter but also has over 10 years of experience instructing in the outdoors. She holds both the Mountain Instructor Award and the Winter Mountain Leader and has been working mostly in North Wales for the last 6 years, on seasonal contracts at Plas y Brenin and for a whole host of different companies during the winter months on the west coast of Scotland.
Ruth has worked alongside LWimages on a number of projects and is well versed in the demands of photographers and their requests to get into impossible situations! She will be on hand throughout the weekend to ensure that all safety aspects are covered and to help with the shoot locations.
Dan Lane Lukasz’ right hand man, keen climber from the age of 6 and took up photography in 2008 at 14.
Badaguish Forest Lodge.
Luxury 3-star Visit Scotland self catering lodge, set amidst the forest, halfway between Aviemore and the Cairngorm Mountains will be our base for the weekend.Fully equipped lodge provides plenty of space coupled with modern facilities, sleeping up to 10 people in 4 twin and 2 single rooms. Spacious living/dining area will serve as an informal classroom.
The lodge has its own efficient drying room so you can dry your kit easily ready for the next day.
You will be expected to make your own travel arrangements to get to the workshop venue on time. We can arrange a pick up and drop to/from Aviemore train station at your request.
£439 includes 3 days instruction, evening presentations, full board accommodation for 2 nights in one of the 4 twin bedrooms. Sunday night accommodation will be additional £20.
(3 places left)
- Packing List – updated 30/10/2011
- Tentative Schedule – updated 30/10/2011
- booking form – PDF – updated 02/08/2011
- booking form – DOC – updated 02/08/2011
The following terms and conditions shall apply in respect of all UK and overseas based LWimages workshops bookings and will form the basis of your contract with LWimages – Photographs by Lukasz Warzecha.
Terms & Conditions of booking
1. A non-refundable £100 per person or 30% (for all abroad workshops) deposit is required at the time of booking together with the completed booking form. A confirmation letter will then be e-mailed to you. The balance is due six weeks before the start date. If the balance does not reach us by the date specified in our confirmation, we reserve the right to treat the booking as cancelled.
2. If you are booking within six weeks of the start date, please make payment in full with your completed booking form.
3. In accordance with “The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992″, all passengers booking with LWimages are fully protected for the initial deposit and subsequently the balance of all money paid to us, arising from cancellation or curtailment of your travel arrangements due to the insolvency of LWimages.
4. Workshops will only operate with a minimum of four photographers. In the event of your course or workshop being cancelled by LWimages for whatever reason, other than non-payment of balance (point 1), your payment will be refunded in full including your deposit. Our liability is limited to the amount of any money you have paid to us. If we cancel your tour we will make every effort to advise you at least four weeks prior to the departure date.
5. If you cancel more than six weeks before the start date, then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
6. If you cancel between 42 and 30 days before the start date you will receive a 50% refund, minus your deposit.
7. If you cancel 30 days or less before the start date there will be no refund, although every attempt will be made to re-let your place. If your place is re-let then any money you have paid to us is fully refundable, minus your deposit.
8. If you wish to cancel your booking please do so in writing or by email to request@LWimages.co.uk. The date the email is received will be used to determine whether a refund will be made.
9. We reserve the right to change the tour itinerary due to altered circumstances and conditions. We will make alternative arrangements as required but no refunds will be given for services that are not utilised as a result.
10. It is a fundamental booking condition that you accept the hazards involved in visiting remote areas. All attendees must be fully insured for the duration of the tour. Customers are responsible for arranging their own insurance, which must cover at least medical expenses, injury, death and repatriation. It is advisable that you also have cancellation and curtailment as part of your insurance policy. Attendees must provide LWimages with evidence of their insurance. In addition you should be insured against loss of or damage to baggage and personal possessions including all your camera equipment.
11. Personal items and baggage remain at all times the responsibility of the client. In addition responsibility must be accepted for any equipment loaned to you, and you must agree to pay for any loss or damage caused to this equipment while in your care.
12. LWimages does not accept liability for death, bodily injury or illness unless this arises from the negligent act and/or omission of LWimages employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
13. LWimages cannot be held responsible for; the consequences of any delays, expenses incurred or alterations caused by illness, weather, war, terrorism, political events, civil strife, natural disaster, technical difficulties or any event beyond our control.
14. LWimages does not accept responsibility for any loss of valuables, including camera equipment, during a course or workshop.
15. Due to the adventurous nature of the tours, all customers must at all times agree to comply with the decisions taken by our safety advisor of the workshops.
16. It is your own responsibility to make international flight arrangements. LWimages cannot take responsibility for changes or alterations to any flights.
17. Our workshops involve travel to mountainous regions, where amenities and medical facilities are often not readily accessible. Every effort is made to ensure your safety and well being, but bookings are accepted on the understanding that you appreciate the risks and hazards associated with this sort of travel. LWimages will not accept responsibility for accidents, injury, lack of fitness, carelessness, illness, negligence or lack of punctuality attributable to the customer. If you have any disability or illness, please inform us at the time of booking the tour so advice can be given on the suitability of the trip.
18. We are unable to accept bookings from persons under 18 years old.
19. If you should have a complaint about the workshops, it must be made in writing and received by LWimages within fourteen days of the end of the workshops.
20. In the unlikely event of any sort of dispute arising, the Law of England and Wales shall apply. If the dispute cannot be resolved directly between us within 6 weeks of written intimation of the dispute, both LWimages and our customer shall attempt to settle the dispute by Mediation.
21. By signing/sending the booking form, you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. The person signing the form does so on behalf of all the other individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.